I use a process that imparts exceptional quality, color, and durability to each steering wheel. Your wheel will receive individualized care described below in a multi-step refurbishing process.
1) First, all cracks are repaired with an extremely durable bonding agent.
2) After thoroughly drying, the wheel is hand-sanded to the bare wood and inspected.
3) If any nicks or scratches are found, they are filled with a color-matching wood filler, sanded, blended, and then a second hand-sanding of the entire wheel is completed.
4) The wheel then receives several coats of stain in your choice of color.
5) Next, the wheel receives several coats of spar urethane to give your wheel a durable outer finish in the sheen you choose (glossy, semi-gloss, or satin).
6) The wheel is then hand-buffed and polished.
7) Lastly, your restored wheel is carefully packed for shipping and delivered to you by USPS.
Have A Question?
Contact Us Today
Before and after pictures